- First Baptist Church of Owego
- North Central Sight Services
- Camp Ahwaga Association Inc.
- Western Broome Meals on Wheels
- Penn-York Valley Habitat for Humanity
- All Saints Episcopal Church
- Campville Fire Department
- Chemung County Humane Society and SPCA Inc
- Tioga Central School
- North Barton Grange #45
- Trinity Episcopal Church
- Bradford County Action, Inc
- Special Olympics Pennsylvania - Bradford/ Sullivan
- Broome Tioga BOCES
- Grater Valley EMS
- Broome County Gang Prevention Inc
- Waverly Recreation Booster Club
- Tioga County Open Door Mission
- Fenton Free Library Association
- Bradford County Regional Arts Council
- Economic Opportunity Program, Inc. of Chemung
- SEEDs of Hope Binghamton, Inc.
- LeRoy Heritage Museum, Inc.
- Volunteers Improving Neighborhood Environments, Inc.
- Tioga Opportunities - Project Neighbor of Newark Valley
- Catholic Schools of Broome County
- Endicott Performing Arts Center
- Broome County Humane Society & Relief Association
- Secure Rehabilitation and Vocational Enterprises, Inc
- Berkshire Free Library
- Friends of Broome County Public Library
- Salvation Army of Binghamton
- Danielle House
- Police Athletic League of Binghamton NY
- Discovery Center of the Southern Tier
- Junior Achievement of Central Upstate NY
- Empire State Special Needs Experience (Camp Ahwaga)
Tuesday, December 31, 2019
Tioga Downs Regional Community Foundation Awards $500,000 to Local Charities
The funds will be presented to grant recipients on January 3.
Nichols, NY—As part of Tioga Downs’ ongoing commitment to supporting its surrounding community, the casino, along with its owner Jeff Gural, will present $500,000 in funding from the Tioga Downs Regional Community Foundation to deserving organizations. The Foundation will present the award recipients with their share of the $500,000 at a check presentation to be held on Friday, January 3 at 6 p.m. in the casino’s Event Center Ballroom. The award is the second of two $500,000 check presentations that the Foundation, a non-profit organization that reviews and selects the applications for grant funding, made in 2019.
Recipients of the funding include:
In order to qualify for funding through the Foundation, applicants must be charitable, religious, literary, scientific or educational groups operating in Broome, Tioga, Chemung or Bradford counties. Qualifying 501(c)(3) organizations have the opportunity to apply twice annually for awards, during the July and January cycle. Accounting for both award periods, Tioga Downs donated a total of $1 million during 2019.
“I am honored to be able to give back to a community that has always had a special place in my heart and proud to support these deserving recipients as we anticipate awarding more grant funding in 2020,” said Jeff Gural, owner of Tioga Downs.
Media partners are invited and encouraged to attend the check presentation, and those interested in learning more about the next round of funding can do so via the Tioga Downs Regional Community Foundation web page, accessible at tiogadowns.com under the “About Us” section.
About Tioga Downs Casino Resort:
Tioga Downs, which opened in 2006, and expanded to Tioga Downs Casino Resort in December 2016, offers live harness racing, casino gaming, dining, golf, indoor and outdoor live entertainment, and more. Jeff Gural owns Tioga Downs as well as Vernon Downs in Vernon, New York. Since opening the new resort in December 2016, Tioga Downs has expanded its gaming offerings to include 892 slot machines, 28 table games, and a 6-table poker room. The Tioga Downs Casino Resort Hotel spans six stories and boasts 160 rooms, an events center, a full-service AgeLess SPA, an indoor saltwater pool and Jacuzzi hot tub, an arcade, and a fitness room, as well as many other exciting amenities in season such as, an outdoor saltwater pool and Jacuzzi complete with Cabanas and a private Cabana bar (for hotel guests), an outdoor waterslide and plunge pool, and a full 18-hole Tioga Golf Course located just minutes down the road. The resort also offers a wide variety of food outlets including their famous County Fair Buffet, Virgil’s Real BBQ, and P.J. Clarke’s, among others. Tioga Downs and Vernon Downs have created more than 1,000 family-sustaining jobs and donated millions to nonprofit organizations. For more information on Tioga Downs Casino Resort, please visit www.tiogadowns.com.